jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sessa, Romain" <Romain.Se...@experian.com>
Subject RE: FineGrainedISMLocking implementation for concurrent access.
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:50:06 GMT

>From a functional point of view, these nodes are representing business
>From a technical aspect, we are some problems when a thread is trying to

Romain SESSA
Romain.Sessa@experian.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 October 2011 12:55
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: FineGrainedISMLocking implementation for concurrent access.

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Sessa, Romain
<Romain.Sessa@experian.com> wrote:
> I'm a developer on a JAVA project that uses Jackrabbit. We need to
have
> a better management of concurrent access on a node. The LockManager
API
> isn't enough, among others read access is not forbidden on a locked
> node. We find "FineGrainedISMLocking" interface that seems allow to
> change lock policy for concurrent access. We don't found a simple
> explanation of how to implement it. Have you some development lines
for
> us ?

FineGrainedISMLocking is a low-level tool that you most likely
shouldn't be using from the application level.

Can you describe your use case in more detail? Without knowing the
exact requirements it's hard to suggest a solution.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used
by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission.
There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through
the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian
Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between
Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure
that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised
to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: Landmark
House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration:
England and Wales. Registered number: 653331