jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit performance experiences
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:07:02 GMT

On Oct 28, 2011, at 10:22 , martin.gasbichler@bluewin.ch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> our application needs to archive documents along with some metadata and I'm considering
to use Jackrabbit in
> combination with a database and maybe a filesystem storage for this task.
> However, I did not find any benchmarks that
> show whether Jackrabbit is capable of hosting a large number of documents (say 20-30
millions, 100kb each, 50
> concurrent users).  I'm well aware that the requirement is quite fuzzy so I'm more looking
for answers of the kind
> "this may work, but...", or "no chance because...", or "we use Jackrabbit to store X
number of documents in the
> following setting...". I'd also like to learn about any benchmarks, because I was not
able to find something.

in our benchmarks with 100GB of data (not sure how many documents) the only scaling issue
we noticed was with range queries on dates when doing SQL2 queries. not sure why but jackrabbit
doesnt seem to use lucene there. other than that node traversal and sql2 queries seemed to
scale quite nicely and with multiple cluster nodes concurrency didnt seem to cause issues
either.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org