jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pncampbell <pa...@objectvision.co.uk>
Subject lock administration
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:48:25 GMT
We have an application that creates non-session-scoped locks which mean that
sometimes if the application is not shut down cleanly we somtimes have
orphaned/dangling locks on some nodes.

The API for lock manager .unlock says ...

---
Note however that the system may give permission to a non-owning session to
unlock a lock. Typically such "lock-superuser" capability is intended to
facilitate administrational clean-up of orphaned open-scoped locks.
---

Is there anyway I can do this in jackrabbit out of the box ? - how can I get
the "system" to "give permission" in the described way ?. Id also be
interested in knowing how node level locks are physically implemented for a
file based respository.

Cheers.