jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From rosselet <ati.rosse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: versioning and children question
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:29:12 GMT
Ok.. it states that createConfiguration will fail if no jcr:root exists, ie
node has not yet been checked in,
so logically:

            Node newNode = root.addNode("123456789_1");
            newNode.addMixin("mix:versionable");
            newNode.setProperty("entryid", 1L);
            newNode.setProperty("tmp","v1");

[... add subnodes here ]

            VersionManager vm = session.getWorkspace().getVersionManager();
            Node proxy =vm.createConfiguration(newNode.getPath());
            vm.checkin(proxy.getPath());

AFAIU, this should make newNode a versionable node, and then set a baseline.

"A baseline is created by performing a checkin on a configuration proxy
node..."

So now each checkin should be on the proxy as I understand as opposed to the
newNode.
Does this mean that the node itself no longer needs to be checked in?

How can I find the proxy(Configuration) in another session? There does not
appear to be any getConfiguration() in the VersionManager API..

I would assume that this is a common problem, but no tips to be found. Is it
trivial?  Can anyone provide some pseudo code or a code fragment for storing
a simple node+child with baseline, and retrieving versions of the node with
the associated version of the child ?