jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Herman <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: Conditional access control
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:01:05 GMT

Markus Joschko wrote:
> Guess I still miss a piece.
> How do I prevent somebody with write/delete/modify rights to Suisse to
> also modify the Entity1b node?
> The only node I can protect with aces is the jcr:content subnode
> because of its fixed name.

You are right I guess there is a difference in what you're trying to do that
proposed solution. The structure administrators would be able to rename
Entity1b (maybe delete too, not sure the behavior with a patter based
setting like that).  For some people that works because they still consider
that structure, where they still can't get to the real content (besides

I think you still may be able to work with that idea though, if the only
deterrent is ugly path names. Could you use sling to hide the ugliness and
keep the functionality you need? Or maybe just something that looks cleaner
such as everything that begins or ends with an underscore?