jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Jackrabbit/JCR as IDE workspace data backend
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:03:26 GMT
Hi,

For some related performance metrics, see for my latest performance report [1].

The SmallFileWriteTest report [2] is probably closest to what you're
trying to achieve. It measures the time it takes to write a hundred
10kB files (i.e. about 1MB of data) to the repository. With the latest
Jackrabbit version on my mid-range desktop computer (4 cores at
2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, reasonably fast disk), this takes about 200ms.

For comparison writing a hundred 10kB files directly to the file
system using a simple Groovy script takes only about 35ms, so the file
system is still the way to go if you're mostly looking for raw
performance.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/report-2011-09-27/report.html
[2] http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/report-2011-09-27/SmallFileWriteTest.png

BR,