jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version Numbering
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 08:57:53 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Stefan Hahn
<stefanhahn80@googlemail.com> wrote:
> What is the system Jackrabbit uses for creating version numbers?

Version numbers are assigned automatically according to the algorithm
described in [1].

> Can i modify these numbers? I would like to create version 2.0 at some
> point.

You can't. The version numbers in Jackrabbit are much like revision
numbers in Subversion or commit hashes in Git, i.e. they are generated
internally by the system and can't be changed afterwards.

What you should use instead is the version label feature [2] that you
can use to attach arbitrary labels to the versions you create.

[1] http://s.apache.org/calculateCheckinVersionName
[2] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/15_Versioning.html#15.4 Version Labels

BR,

Jukka Zitting