jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not possible to get a secured repository with the JCRUtils.getRepository
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:51:19 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Markus Joschko
<markus.joschko@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is nothing wrong with the webdav url. It works fine if I allow
> anonymous read rights.

The problem is that the webdav client tries to connect the repository
to see if it's there already before you've provided any credentials.
And since due to the authentication requirement it can't access
anything, it concludes that no repository can be found. I guess in
such cases (when encountering a mandatory authentication request) the
webdav client should just silently assume that there is a repository
behind the given URL.

I filed JCR-3076 [1] to track this problem.

BR,

Jukka Zitting