jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Francisco Carriedo Scher <fcarrie...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting up Access Control
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:38:05 GMT
Hi there,

i have been diving in mailing list and source code of Jackrabbit and finally
my impression is that just interfaces are defined respecting access control
(lots of abstract classes to be extended with my own code, right?). I say
that based on quotes from the mailing list as:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-users/201106.mbox/%3CBANLkTi=UKkoLaFOQ1ddOo+DVTHvFT3LOdQ@mail.gmail.com%3E
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-users/201106.mbox/%3C4DEF2AC2.9070205@adobe.com%3E

About the source code, when i extend the abstract classes related to
access control (AbstractAccessControlManager, AbstractACLTemplate,
...) what really intrigates me is that i thought  that the ACLs remain
stored within the repository binded somehow to the node they were
created for (with setPolicy method). The point is, if i extend the
classes mentioned (and thus write setPolicy source code), it is up to
me where to store the ACL objects as long as i provide a method to get
them when needed to perform access control operations? Isn't it? Would
be valid ideas storing them inside Jackrabbit's as nodes, or within a
database or...?

Thanks in advance for any hint about my wrongness or correctness!