jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Search from multiple things
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:34:39 GMT
On 27.09.11 17:29, "David Buchmann" <david.buchmann@liip.ch> wrote:
>that said, i also wished i could replace the built-in lucene with solr
>and expose a full solr to my client application.

The problem is that the built-in search must comply to the JCR query
specifications, hence any attempt in Jackrabbit to replace the search
implementation with something else or make it "extensible" will always be
difficult.

I think very often you want to rely on built-in search features (e.g. all
properties indexed), since you use a jcr-based library that requires it,
but somewhere else in your app you want your custom search that might
conflict with that.

Hence I think it makes sense to build such custom searches on the
application level, using observation listeners. Of course that makes it
asynchronous.

Cheers,
Alex

--