jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Search from multiple things
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:24:15 GMT
On 27.09.11 14:06, "Ista Pouss" <istaous@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have a jackrabbit application with a repository and I use the jackrabbit
>search system with it.
>
>But I have also other documents, in file systems, or in database, or
>other.
>
>I should want search system searches also in these others documents.
>
>How is it possible ?

Not with Jackrabbit alone.

Please note that JCR and Jackrabbit are more about a great repository for
all kinds of content, rather than being an abstraction API across multiple
different existing storages (databases, file systems, etc.). While the
latter is definitely possible (see mode shape), it's not really the sweet
spot of JCR.

The nice thing about JCR and Jackrabbit is actually that you can store
everything in it (fine-granular data plus binary files), and then you have
a unified API and a search across everything.

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek