jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <j.re...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene consistency in clustered environment
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 21:22:25 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Dennis van der Laan
<d.g.van.der.laan@rug.nl> wrote:
> Ian, others,
>
> As with many 'bugs' that have a workaround, this bug has been lying
> around for about a year now. We still have the problem that the
> cluster-nodes have different lucene indexes. At first, we thought this
> happened over time. Recently we made a copy of our production database
> and used it with 4 new cluster nodes (we cleared the journal table and
> the local revisions table, first). We started them all, completely
> clean, at which point all nodes started to build the lucene index.
> Without making any changes to the contents, we see different results for
> jackrabbit search queries on these 4 cluster nodes. So it seems the
> lucene indexes might differ more over time, but could differ right from
> the start.
>
> Does anybody have a clue how this could happen? Are we missing something?

I'm wondering what you mean with the statement: "different results for
jackrabbit search queries".
Could you perhaps show some of those queries? This could also be
related to your indexing configuration.

I asume you do not have an index when starting one of the cluster nodes?

BTW which version of Jackrabbit are you experiencing this with?

> TIA
> Dennis
>
> On 29-9-2010 12:37, Ian Boston wrote:
>> On 29 Sep 2010, at 11:33, Dennis van der Laan wrote:
>>
>>> From your reply I
>>> understand that this should not be the case with Lucene, is it?
>>
>> Every JournalRecord should have been replayed on every machine (at some time later
if the JVM was down). That *should* ensure that all documents are indexed on all machines.

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com