jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Herman" <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject RE: Unsupported operations via...
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 12:05:31 GMT

>From: Francisco Carriedo Scher [mailto:fcarriedos@gmail.com]
>Another way i thought about to solve it is to start locally (so there would
>not be unsupported operations) the repository and wrap it with web services
>(it could be globally accessible). What do you think about this last option?

Not very familiar with JCA but I think you should take a look at Apache
Sling.  It is basically what you suggested, jackrabbit wrapped in web
services (plus a ton of other cool features).  A big part of Sling is to make
web based applications, but you can also use it just like a JR repo, plus the
Sling features only when you need it.