jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Herman <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: ACLs, GlobPattern and move
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 21:13:03 GMT

Markus Joschko wrote:

> The policy (Resourcebased not Pathbased)

What do you mean Pathbased? I'm used to Resource based vs Principal based
[0]

Markus Joschko wrote:

> Should GlobPattern be used at all with Resourcebased Policies?

According to [1], it is not necessary because keeping it null just means all
descendants. Note the differences between null, "", and *.

Markus Joschko wrote:

> And if yes, how should the move operation be dealt with?

I was able to create desired behavior using CRX's GUI, so I imagine it is
how jackrabbit works. Could you send the code you're using to apply the
security, or maybe what your
JackrabbitAccessControlList.getAccessControlEntries() contains before and
after the move?

[0] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/AccessControl#Resource-based_ACLs
[1]
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.2/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/security/authorization/GlobPattern.html