jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Behnke ...@andreasbehnke.com>
Subject similarity search missing in new query languages, Jackrabbit 2.0
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:49:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm implementing a simple rss newsreader based on jackrabbit 2.0. I want
to implement a "More Like This" Feature using the similarity search.

I don't want to use the deprecated xpath language, so I'm writing every
Query I need using the SQL2 grammar. This grammar, and also the old SQL
grammar, do not support similarity.

The LuceneQueryBuilder, which is implemented as visitor of the internal
AST, does support Similarity search.

What is the best way to implement a similarity query without using xpath
language?

- produce query nodes (AST) by code and run the LuceneQueryBuilder
manually
- query lucene by using the MoreLikeThis class directly
- don't use the internal lucene index of jackrabbit but create a second
one for fulltext and similarity search

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Andreas