jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From maikhorma <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: Setting up Access Control
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:39:05 GMT

Francisco Carriedo Scher wrote:

> Ok,
>
> thanks in advance for answering. I found DefaultAccessManager class, which
> extends AbstractAccessControlManager (and has setPolicy method
> implemented).
> After it i set such class in repository.xml file to use it as my access
> manager and, leaving commented the access.xml file (with no file), i can
> not
> perform operations on the repository (logged in as admin), as i obtain the
> following exceptions:
>
> javax.jcr.PathNotFoundException: /myfolder   (trying to access a node to
> create a child node)
> javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: cannot read item
> cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe  (trying to create a user)
>
> So i think that access.xml line must be uncommented (DefaultAccessManager
> can not be instantiated since such file does not exist) and populated with
> access control data, isn't it? I did not find access.xml info so far, any
> useful pointer?
>
> Thanks for your attention!

Can you back up a second and describe what you are actually trying to do?
It kind of sounds like you're just trying to apply normal permissions to a
node, but if that's so, it seems you are making it very complicated.  As
Justin said you shouldn't need to implement classes or configure the
repository xml to set permissions.  You should use the JCR Api [1] and
jackrabbit provides all the implementations for you.  You log in, and then
call session.getAccessControlManager().  If you are trying to do something
more complicated, you'll have to be more specific.

[1] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/16_Access_Control_Management.html