jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From maikhorma <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: Unsupported operations via...
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 17:10:37 GMT

mmjose26 wrote:

> I don't know Sling, but sounds great if you can wrap the repository and
> expose it as web service, but how to manage the transactions?

You interface with Sling via a RESTful webservice. As you indicated it is
stateless, and there are no transactions across http requests.  You would
write the jcr code in a script/jsp/servlet within the repository and invoke
it with a http request.  Inputs can be supplied via get or post.  The quick
tutorial [1] should give you a good idea what sling is about.  It focuses on
using out of the box tools for adding and getting content, but it also easy
to customize how the requests are processed where you can add any java/jcr
code.

[1] http://sling.apache.org/site/discover-sling-in-15-minutes.html