jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From bobofer <bobo...@gmail.com>
Subject AccessControlManagerget - Privileges(path) method problem
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 06:40:11 GMT
Hi all!

I’m working with Jackrabbit for past three months and since now it was nice
ride.

I’m using 'DefaultAccessManager' and resource-based ACL-s in my project.
My users are divided to couple of the groups and that groups are used in my
ACL together with my users. For example group 'DEV' contains 'tom' user.
The ACL for '/dev_folder' node is set to:
DEV – jcr:write
tom – jcr:read

The code I’m using for retriving privileges:

Session session=...created with ‘tom’ credentials;
AccessControlManager accessControlManager =
session.getAccessControlManager();
Privilege[] privileges =
accessControlManager.getPrivileges(dev_folder_path);

Privileges returned from getPrivileges method are "jcr:read".
My expectations were "jcr:write" since DEV group has "jcr:write" privilege
on that node, am I missing something?

All so if 'tom' user is in two groups, DEV and USR and ACL on same node is:
DEV – jcr:write
USR – jcr:read

The same code above(session created with 'tom' credentials) return
"jcr:read" privilege, again I expected "jcr:write" since user 'tom' is
member of DEV group.

Can somebody put me on the right path, please?