jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: SQL2 (via davex)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:41:53 GMT

On 09.08.2011, at 23:58, Mark Herman wrote:

> I've been using this[1] as a reference and it helps a lot.  I think it
> indirectly answers your question.
>
> In the fourth block of "code" in 8.4.29 they show you how selecting by
> resource includes it's node type's properties, and those of any ancestors or
> mixin's.  Those types of properties seem to work as expected in selecting and
> ordering, but "magic" ones like jcr:path that aren't really properties seem
> to not be implemented.  I'm not even sure that the JCR2.0 spec requires it to
> work. If [jcr:path] was working I'd imagine that PATH() would work too.
>
> [1]
> http://docs.jboss.org/modeshape/latest/manuals/reference/html/jcr-query-and-s
> earch.html#jcr-sql2-examples

thx ..

in the end i went with denormalization. however its quite irritating since essentially i am
just denormalizing the path. i do not understand why Jackrabbit hasnt implemented access to
the path in SQL2. it seems trivial to support and that the same time kind of critical. for
this reason i am still wondering if i am just overlooking something obvious.

then again it seems like it was at least support some time ago:

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org