jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From SatyaDeep Maheshwari <m.satyad...@gmail.com>
Subject Needed help on authentication
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:34:12 GMT
Hi

I am fairly new to Jackrabbit though I have some basic understanding on
JAAS. I want to know, how can we implement authentication in Jackrabbit
using JAAS. I have been going through the available documents and from them,
I gather that I should write a JAAS login module and specify it in
repository.xml. But that's pretty much it. I want to know, what jackrabbit
specific things need to go in that module and essentially how does
jackrabbit utilize that login module. I mean, how does it initialize it and
what callback handler is passed to it. Can I have the ability for a user to
provide the userId and password through console there?

--
Regards
Satya Deep