jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Matthieu Legras <matthieu.leg...@spotuse.com>
Subject Re: Accessing data without using HTTP
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:23:35 GMT
Hi Francisco,

That's exactly what I want to do, indeed!

I'd also like to know if your solution implies some limitations, for example
in case I want to have the java application and the JR Repo on different
servers (in the future)? I found a notice saying "Warning: The current
JCR-RMI library is designed for simplicity, not performance. You will
probably experience major performance issues if you try running any
non-trivial applications on top of JCR-RMI." on this page:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/repository-server-howto.html , which seems
pretty scary to me (since splitting my java app and the JR repo to different
servers would occur in case my application gets a considerable amount of
users). Is the solution you develop concerned by this notice?

Thanks for your help!

Matthieu