jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Metadata + Inheritance
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:40:35 GMT
hi nikolay

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Nikolay Georgiev
<georgiev.nikolay@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to implement 2 things and maybe you can give me some
> advice how to do it:
>
> 1) I want to add Metadata to every node.
> Possible solution: add a node called metaData and and the metaData as
> properties belonging to this node. What do you think? Or are there
> better ways?

you could e.g. define  a custom mixin node type and assign it to specific nodes
by calling Node.addMixin().

> 2) Some specific nodes should inherit other nodes, in a way that the
> metaData in the super node is also metaData in the subnode. How can I
> implement this?

if the 'super node' is always a parent of the 'derived' node you could
write some custom code which does traverse the parent hierarchy until it
finds the 'meta data'.

cheers
stefan