jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL2 vs. QOM
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:56:06 GMT
Hi Stephen,

If you use SQL2 then you'll have to accept the penalty of parsing the query
to a QueryObjectModel. But I'd say this is not the biggest problem you'll
run into.
Doesn't this fall into the premature optimization category? ;)

I think the better part of the work will go into optimizing the actual
query.

You can profile the parsing code, for your own piece of mind [0], maybe it
will give you some comfort. Look at #createQueryObjectModel(String query)

best,
alex

[0]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-commons/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/commons/query/sql2/Parser.java?view=markup