jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: bidirectional query conversion, or abstract query representation?
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 20:03:01 GMT
On 14.07.11 15:07, "sam ²" <skynare@gmail.com> wrote:

>http://www.day.com/maven/javax.jcr/javadocs/jcr-2.0/javax/jcr/query/qom/Qu
>eryObjectModel.html
>How can I generate xpath or sql from QueryObjectModel ?

Generating the JCR-SQL2 from qom is something that you have to write
yourself if I am not mistaken, but it should be possible, since there is
an exact mapping defined between qom and JCR-SQL2 in the spec.

Generating xpath from it is more difficult, and there are some features
that are in one language but not the other (e.g. joins not in xpath).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek