jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: IS NULL
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:44:30 GMT

On Aug 29, 2011, at 16:40 , Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2011, at 16:37 , Mark Herman wrote:
>
>> Are you sure they are nt:unstructured? Maybe try nt:base and see if you get
>> them.  Also try IS NOT NULL, the results from that might tell you something.
>

> we only have nt:unstructured .. and yes IS NOT NULL seems to work fine. we are using
version 2.2.8 with a few patches, none of them related to search though. but if it works for
you then i think it must be some other freak issue in our code some where, some how .. so
thanks for the feedback.

just to confirm .. using IS NULL on a non existent field, you get a matches?

aka

SELECT * FROM [nt:unstructured] WHERE [nt:unstructured].thisfieldexistsinnodocumentanywhere
IS NULL ORDER BY SCORE() DESC

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org