jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject upsert, same name siblings etc
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:14:00 GMT
Hi,

So I am seeing behavior in production where I end up with same name siblings, the chances
for that are pretty slim since its inside an import that checks if for the given path the
data exists before starting the import which takes just a few ms.

What is stranger is that locally I cannot get same name siblings ever. Even if I disable the
up front check all I get is an ItemExistsException. Is it because in production I am using
MySQL for persistence and locally I am using the File System? Aka File System just doesnt
support same name siblings?

If so it would be great if such feature different would be mentioned on:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ#LocalFileSystem:

At any rate I do not want same name siblings. I guess I can create a custom node type to prevent
this from happening. But what I wonder is if I can then also somehow ensure that if I try
to add a node to a path that already exists that it simply updates the content (with a new
revision) instead, kind of a versioned upsert? Or will I always have to implement something
like this locally by locking the parent to prevent concurrency?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org