jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pncampbell <pa...@objectvision.co.uk>
Subject Defering indexing
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:45:49 GMT
Hello all, we have an application using jackrabbit/lucene that has to cope
with a large volume of new documents being added in a short time span. This
is causing the system to get bogged down with extraction and indexing. Given
that search is rarely used on very recently added documents it seems to make
sense to us to defer this processing to take advantage of idle time later.

So my question is - is there an easy to way to do the indexing "off-line"
later e.g. overnight ?.