jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Liyaqat <liyaq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Cluster - Cannot overwrite redo.log
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:53:45 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for the response. I am still very new to this so please excuse me
for the mistakes.

So when we use Jackrabbit clustering we need to set the following:
1. Datastore:
eg:
<DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore">

</DataStore>

But now should this value be the same between nodes? This value is in my
jackrabbit repository of node2, how does this work? Should I create a
separate shared path?

2. Cluster ID and Journal
eg:
<Cluster id="Node2">
<Journal class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.FileJournal">

</Journal>

Again, should the nodes share these value locations, do we not share the
journal and revision log?

3. FileSystems (Workspace, Version, and Global) should all refer to a unique
location per node? In my case I am using an Oracle DB, per FileSystem can I
use the same DB but different schema prefix?

4. Should all the SearchIndexs in repository.xml point to a seperate
location

In essence, does Clustering simply use the same Database
(PersistenceManager) that facilitates the lookup of the documents? These
documents can then be stored on the FileSystems appropriately. It does not
need to be on the same FileSystem?

If anyone has a second would they be able to look at my repository.xml files
and let me know what I have missed.

Kind regards,

5.