jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Furst, Carl" <Carl.Fu...@mlb.com>
Subject RE: Concurrent use of the standalone version
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:53:19 GMT
You have to be careful if you are using the standalone as an additional lib
instead of the actual container. Especially if you are running it inside a
separate webapp container server like Tomcat. I've run into Servlet
Specification errors on Tomcat since the standalone jar redefines the
implementation of Servlets.

This is actually not a bad thing, after all, it is designed to be a
standalone web server. Not sure if this is relevant to what you are doing,
but I thought I would point it out.

Thanks,

Carl Furst
o/~ What a difference a byte makes... o/~

-----Original Message-----
From: ChadDavis [mailto:chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 12:57 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org; fcarriedos@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Concurrent use of the standalone version

> - since no Servlet context can be obtained in little my API (which uses
> simple java classes), how should i obtain a Repository object to access it
> concurrently?

It's good that your api doesn't use the Servlet context, as that would
make for a dependency that makes it hard to test your own api.
However, you can still use a Servlet as an entry point into your api.
The servlet will do the work of obtaining the repo from the
servletcontext and handing that "clean" depedency over to your api at
run time.