jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clustered Deployment versus Davex Remoting
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 05:52:26 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:33 PM, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, does anyone have a sense of whether the clustered deployment is
> actually more widely adopted than the davex remoting?   I want to try
> to determine the most used deployment model in order to leverage the
> efforts of the community better.

If you have a read-balanced set of frontend servers that all access
the repository (like a typical cluster of web servers), then a
clustered Jackrabbit setup is preferred over accessing the repository
remotely. A cluster performs better than remote connections to a
central server in practically all cases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting