jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent use of the standalone version
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:05:56 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Francisco Carriedo Scher
<fcarriedos@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Can this be achieved with both the Standalone JR version and the WAR
> version?

You'll want to use the war package for that. The standalone jar is
essentially just the war package wrapped up with an embedded Jetty
container configured with the Jackrabbit war as the one and only
webapp to be run inside that JVM. The main purpose of the standalone
jar is to give you something that can be used to get a repository up
and running quickly and easily, but I'd recommend switching to the
other deployment options (war, rar, or embedded) when you want to
start writing your own JCR code on top of Jackrabbit.

> - Is it mandatory for concurrent access to get the repository object through
> a servlet?

No. You can configure repository access in various different ways. See
the javadocs of the jackrabbit-servlets component for all the options
that are easily configurable when using the Jackrabbit webapp.

BR,

Jukka Zitting