jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Edouard Hue <edouard....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent use of the standalone version
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:01:58 GMT
If I got it well, what you do is starting simultaneously :
- one jackrabbit-standalone instance with --conf /path/to/repository.xml
- one or more instances of your application, which uses "new
TransientRepository("/path/to/repository.xml")"
This gives you at least two different running instances of Jackrabbit using
the same configuration, which is probably not what you intended to do. You
cannot have multiple instances sharing the same configuration. Either you
should use Jackrabbit's remote APIs (DAV or RMI) to connect to the
standalone instance, or stop using Jackrabbit standalone and start the
repository in your application code only.