jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Francisco Carriedo Scher <fcarrie...@gmail.com>
Subject Concurrent use of the standalone version
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:02:43 GMT
Hi there,

during the last days i have been writing an API (which abstracts file system
operations, hidding the complexity of nodes and trees) to handle Jackrabbit
repository from Java (repositories, sessions and so on...).

The problem is that now, i want to access it concurrently both through my
API and through URLs to the files (previously uploaded through my API) and i
can not even start the interactive console mode (--cli ...) when the
standalone server is running (existining lock...).

I performed a very simple test to confirm that concurrent users are allowed:
two browsers populating the repository concurrently, another one searching
and so on... So, performance aside, concurrent users are supported. I have
been checking aswell the populate.jsp and browse.jsp files in order to check
how get they the concurrent access Java code to the repo and the it is quite
similar to mine (from the API) but for how they instantiate the repository:

*JSPs code*
rep =
RepositoryAccessServlet.getRepository(pageContext.getServletContext());

*My code*
rep = new TransientRepository();

So, the questions for me are:

- is it enough to get concurrent access to a running repository (fired up
with *java -jar jackrabbit-standalone-2.2.7.jar --repo
C:\Users\fcarriedo\workspace\filerepository\ --conf
C:\path\to\repository\repository.xml*) to deploy my own servlets and
instantiate the repository as the .jsp files do?

- since no Servlet context can be obtained in little my API (which uses
simple java classes), how should i obtain a Repository object to access it
concurrently?

Thanks in advance, even for reading so far... Greetings!