jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent use of the standalone version
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:54:11 GMT
> - Can this be achieved with both the Standalone JR version and the WAR
> version?
> - Is it mandatory for concurrent access to get the repository object through
> a servlet?

Not at all.  It's just that the standalone server uses the
ServletContext ( the container for the servlets ) as the sharing space
for a repository.  This is helpful if your use cases all need some
sort of http environment, but otherwise you could do something similar
for a nonServlet environment of your choice.  The
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RepositoryStartupServlet servlet handles
the initialization and sharing of the repository.  This servlet
actually does ZERO servicing of requests; it just leverages the init
stage of the servlet life cycle to control set  up of the repo.

Note, there's also an RMI servlet in there.  I'm not sure that it
really uses the servlet's service interface to support the RMI
exposure.  So, perhaps you could do a similar servlet to expose the
repo via some other nonHttp exposure.