jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Clustered Deployment versus Davex Remoting
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 19:33:15 GMT
Our product currently is in beta and uses the Davex remoting style
deployment.  We are addressing some performance issues we are
experiencing with this deployment.  I'm documenting those issues in
other threads on this list.  None of them seem insurmountable for us
-- in other words, I'm not saying that I think the davex stack is bad.

However, we plan to move to the clustered deployment in the future.
My question is whether we should perhaps move to the clustered
deployment now, rather than spending time working on the performance
of the davex stack.  I have the sense that the clustered deployment
may be the more well traveled deployment path, and that might mean
that more folks have done performance work on it.

So, does anyone have a sense of whether the clustered deployment is
actually more widely adopted than the davex remoting?   I want to try
to determine the most used deployment model in order to leverage the
efforts of the community better.