jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DavEx Remoting Performance
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 00:03:00 GMT
> We also thought that the 2 TCP connections was a strong limitation since
> we've seen HttpClient waiting for long before getting a connection.
> We have hooked the configuration to allow a pool of 200 connections ; we do
> not see anymore HttpClient waiting for connection, but surprisingly the
> final response time are worse.

I think you may have allowed too many connections.  I created a patch
to allow for configuration of this value and I've tweaked it quite a
bit while executing load testing.  I've found that you can balance the
load between the "repo server" and the client app.  In my case, I know
that 200 connections would allow my app ( a jetty based web
application ) to overrun my repo server ( the standard jackrabbit
server deployed on jetty also ) by quite a bit.  I actually found
great performance improvements, in relative terms, with a value of
about 10-20 connections.

> We are very interested in any feedback about the DavEx setup and
> performance.

I'm working on it now.  I just posted another thread regarding another
issue I found.  When you raise the connections limit, there appears to
be a concurrency issue in the davex client stack.