jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Strange XPath Issue
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 22:07:30 GMT
On 05.07.11 22:31, "Jack Kirsten" <jkfriends@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply Jeroen, I just tried this query as you suggested:
>
>*MyApp/documents//*[vfs:metaData/vfs:attributes/vfs:docType='TAX_DOCS']*

If you start with an absolute path (e.g. not //*), it needs to start with
"/jcr:root":

/jcr:root/MyApp/documents//*[vfs:metaData/vfs:attributes/vfs:docType='TAX_D
OCS']

This is because of the implicit mapping onto the xml document view of the
repository, which requires to add an explicit xml element for the root
node called "jcr:root" [0]. See also [1].

[0] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/6.4.2.2_Workspace_Root.html
[1] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/6.6.3.4_Path_Constraint.html

Regards,
Alex