jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bhavesh Bhanushali <b.r.bhanush...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit cluster with MySQL Cluster
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:24:56 GMT
Hi,

We are developing an application that uses jackrabbit as a content
repository. Our architecture uses Model 1 deployment model suggested in
Jackrabbit documentation.

Since our user base expectation is high, we have configured jackrabbit in
the cluster mode. This configuration is working fine.

To support high availability for our application we have clustered our
application and have also clustered database using mysql cluster 7.1.

We had converted Jackrabbit to NDB format.

We are facing strange problem when we start the mysql cluster and clustered
web applications.

The web application console throws error during startup when it tries to
launch jackrabbit using following mysql cluster parameters:-
1. ndb-cluster-connection-pool=4
2. MaxNoOfExecutionThreads=8

The above properties are purely mysql cluster parameters so why is
Jackrabbit facing problems during startup? Does that mean jackrabbit needs
single thread model mysql daemon?

If we cannot use jackrabbit with above parameters, than how do we scale if
we need to support larger user base.

Thanks in advance,

Somebody with similar experience please advice us to fix this.

Thanks,
Bhavesh R Bhanushali