jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Sei...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: Incremental/deduplicating versioning
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:28:57 GMT
The only possible way is to add the information (the DataStore does not have like the identifier/content
of the previous version) to the stream (addRecord) from the application side.

Then the DataStore has all information it needs to store the diff and a pointer to the previous
identifier.

It's something like extending the DataStore API smoothly - but this has many negative aspects

Regards,

Robert

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thomas Mueller [mailto:mueller@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2011 11:10
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: Incremental/deduplicating versioning

Hi,

>the question was how the DataStore can store changes of different file
>versions.

Yes... and I wrote it's possible that an implementation just stores the
changes.

>And that's not possible cause it doesn't know the previous version to
>determine the changes.

Well, it _is_ possible for a DataStore implementation to just store the
diff (plus a pointer to the base version), even if the DataStore API
itself doesn't include any information about the base version. It may just
be a bit more complex.

Regards,
Thomas