jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jack Kirsten <jkfrie...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange XPath Issue
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:03:08 GMT
I want to update everyone with what I found.  Though the XPath expression is
valid,  for some reasons it is not working for me.  Then I installed
Jackrabbit Web-App and followed by JCR Browser (freeware) pointing to the
Jackrabbit WEBDAV URL so that I can browse the contents of the repository
directly.  This tool has XPath query option as well.

As I was browsing the repository, I noticed that vfs:metaData folder is
actually at the root level of the repository.  So it is something like this:

/ (root)
  /vfs:metaData/
      /<some JCR uuid>
         /vfs:attributes/
  etc....

  /MyApp (sub-folder)
      /documents/ (sub-folder)
         /document-1.pdf (file)
         /document-2.pdf (file)
     /accounts/ (sub-folder)
         /account.txt (file)

So I'm thinking for some reason, Jackrabbit decided to make the metadata
folder structure under root as opposed to making it as part of the document
node itself.  That's why this XPath query works for me because it looks from
the root.

*/jcr:root/vfs:metaData//*[vfs:attributes/vfs:docType='TAX_DOCS']*

However this query doesn't return anything because vfs:metaData is NOT
inside the sub-folders.

*/jcr:root/MyApp/documents/vfs:metaData//*[vfs:attributes/vfs:docType='TAX_DOCS']*

So at this point I have these questions:

1) Is it possible to configure Jackrabbit to create the metadata folder
under individual document level itself?

OR

2) This is how Jackrabbit maintains the metadata info by default?

Can anyone please shed a light on this?

Thanks, Jack