jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Auinger" <...@byteconsult.de>
Subject AW: Session Question
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 10:29:35 GMT
Hi,

I just tested against the brandnew 2.2.7, and can still repro this bug. Would you please check
yourself? The test class code is below.

Simply grab a repositorty.xml file (I took mine from "jackrabbit-core-2.2.7-sources.jar\org\apache\jackrabbit\core\repository.xml").

When you start the test on a missing or empty repo-folder, it works. Running it a second time
doesn’t.

Thanks!
Tom

package de.byteconsult.spoon.cmd;

import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileInputStream;
import java.io.FileNotFoundException;

import javax.jcr.Node;
import javax.jcr.Repository;
import javax.jcr.RepositoryException;
import javax.jcr.Session;
import javax.jcr.SimpleCredentials;

import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig;
import org.junit.Assert;
import org.junit.Test;

public class TestRepoBug {

	@Test
	public void addTest() throws Exception {
		Repository repo = this.createFileBasedRepository("target/test-jackrabbit",
				"src/test/resources/test-repository.xml");
		if (repo != null) {
			System.out.println("Version: " + repo.getDescriptor(Repository.REP_VERSION_DESC));
			SimpleCredentials credentials = new SimpleCredentials("admin", "admin".toCharArray());
			Session session = repo.login(credentials);
			String path = "/test";
			if (session.itemExists(path)) {
				System.out.println("removing item at " + path);
				session.removeItem(path);
			}
			Node node = session.getRootNode().addNode("test");
			boolean existsBefore = session.itemExists(path);
			node.getPath();
			boolean existsAfter = session.itemExists(path);
			Assert.assertTrue("Node must already exist before calling node.getPath()", existsBefore);
			Assert.assertTrue("Node must still exist after calling node.getPath()", existsAfter);
			session.save();
		}
		else {
			Assert.fail("Failed to create repository");
		}
	}

	protected Repository createFileBasedRepository(String folderPath, String repositoryXmlPath)
			throws RepositoryException, FileNotFoundException {
		// create homedir
		File homeDir = new File(folderPath);
		homeDir.mkdirs();

		File confFile = new File(repositoryXmlPath);
		if (!confFile.isFile()) {
			throw new IllegalArgumentException("Repository config file is not a valid file: "
					+ confFile.getAbsolutePath());
		}

		// create RepositoryConfig instance
		RepositoryConfig repositoryConfig = RepositoryConfig.create(new FileInputStream(confFile),
				homeDir.getAbsolutePath());
		Repository repository = RepositoryImpl.create(repositoryConfig);
		return repository;
	}

}

i tested it with jackrabbit 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 and i always get 'true', 'true'.

but with this test case:

    @Test
    public void addTest() throws RepositoryException {
        TransientRepository repo = new TransientRepository();
        System.out.println("Version: " + repo.getDescriptor(Repository.REP_VERSION_DESC));
        Session session = repo.login();
        String path = "/test";
        if (session.itemExists(path)) {
            System.out.println("removing item at " + path);
            session.removeItem(path);
        }
        Node node = session.getRootNode().addNode("test");
        System.out.println(session.itemExists(path));
        node.getPath();
        System.out.println(session.itemExists(path));
    }

regards, toby

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Thomas Auinger <aui@byteconsult.de> wrote:
> A very basic problem has just come up (Jackrabbit 2.2.5). It seems that session.itemExists()
returns true for a newly created Node only after node.getPath() has been called.?!