jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Edouard Hue <edouard....@gmail.com>
Subject Strange behavior with JCA adapter
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 12:35:02 GMT
Hello all,

I'm trying to deploy Jackrabbit 2.3-SNAPSHOT into a Jonas 5.1 application
server as a JCA resource. The RAR deploys OK and shows up in JNDI. Then I
try to access the repository through RMI, using Jonas' Carol RMI
implementation, with the code below :

final JndiRepositoryFactory factory = new JndiRepositoryFactory();
final Map<String, String> parameters = new HashMap<String, String>() {{
    put(JndiRepositoryFactory.JNDI_NAME, "rbus");
    put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.ow2.carol.jndi.spi.IRMIContextWrapperFactory");
    put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "rmi://bo-app-01.ipop.proj.aql.fr:1091");
}};
repo = factory.getRepository(parameters);

I run this code on a client machine running Windows. Jonas is running on a
remote Linux machine. The logs show the two lines below :

1 juin 2011 11:24:05 org.slf4j.impl.JCLLoggerAdapter info
INFO: Creating repository directory \var\opt\data\flat\rbus\jcr
1 juin 2011 11:24:05 org.slf4j.impl.JCLLoggerAdapter info
INFO: Copying configuration from
jar:file:/I:/Maven/org/apache/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-core/2.3-SNAPSHOT/jackrabbit-core-2.3-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/repository.xml
to \opt\application\rbus\current\etc\repository.xml

The two pathes \var\opt\data\flat\rbus\jcr
and \opt\application\rbus\current\etc\repository.xml are defined in the RAR
deployment descriptor. I expected the repository to be created and accessed
remotely on the server, but it appears that it is created locally on the
client machine ! Is this really the way it should work ?

Regards,

Edouard