jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange behavior with JCA adapter
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:44:14 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Edouard Hue <edouard.hue@gmail.com> wrote:
> The two pathes \var\opt\data\flat\rbus\jcr
> and \opt\application\rbus\current\etc\repository.xml are defined in the RAR
> deployment descriptor. I expected the repository to be created and accessed
> remotely on the server, but it appears that it is created locally on the
> client machine ! Is this really the way it should work ?

Sounds like something to do with the JNDI implementation
(org.ow2.carol.jndi.spi.IRMIContextWrapperFactory) you're using, as
it's impossible for Jackrabbit's JndiRepositoryFactory class to
instantiate a local repository by itself. Are you sure the RMI
implementation isn't trying to do something like serialize the entire
remote repository instance?

See the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi component for a JCR-RMI bridge that you can
use to access a repository remotely. The repository instance that
jackrabbit-jca binds to JNDI on the server is not enabled for remote
access over RMI.

BR,

Jukka Zitting