jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Getting multiple nodes in one call with davex?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:29:27 GMT

On 16.06.2011, at 19:45, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> On 01.06.2011, at 19:10, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
>
>> On 01.06.2011, at 19:06, mmjose26 <mmjose26@yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
>>
>>> I had the same problem, because davex do a request for each
>>> Session.getNode(path). but if you have some common property in nodes or in
>>> paths, you could try with a SQL2Query and query only for properties that you
>>> need at first time (avoid binary content for best performance), and in
>>> second time get all detail of only one node of interest.
>>
>> that is quite a list of limitations but its of course a solution for some use cases.
but that leaves enough use cases out of the loop, so we should definately add a getNodes to
JCR 2.1. especially since the burden on implementors that do not want to optimize is very
low.

> actually when looking at CouchDB Lucene integration I think its kind of cool that it
makes it possible to simply use lucene for the search but still return "real" documents. I
guess the fact that we are using Jackrabbit via Davex changes some use cases quite significantly
and the big question is how much Jackrabbit is interested in catering to our needs ..?

i have created a ticket on jsr-333:
http://java.net/jira/browse/JSR_333-38

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith