jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Database connection validation
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:02:37 GMT
Hello,

I have a requirement for our web app to perform some validation on the database being available
before building the display.  The database is configured as a JNDI resource, so I could fetch
a connection from the pool and see if I get an exception.  I was wondering whether there is
some similar JCR operation that would help me validate the connection.  I thought of creating
a temporary node and trying to save, but that seems more heavy weight than I would wish.

How does JackRabbit handle inaccessible database?  Will it fail when attempting to fetch a
new Session?

Thanks in advance for all recommendations.
Rakesh