jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Getting multiple nodes in one call with davex?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:27:27 GMT

On 16.06.2011, at 20:29, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> On 16.06.2011, at 19:45, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

>>> that is quite a list of limitations but its of course a solution for some use
cases. but that leaves enough use cases out of the loop, so we should definately add a getNodes
to JCR 2.1. especially since the burden on implementors that do not want to optimize is very
low.

>> actually when looking at CouchDB Lucene integration I think its kind of cool that
it makes it possible to simply use lucene for the search but still return "real" documents.
I guess the fact that we are using Jackrabbit via Davex changes some use cases quite significantly
and the big question is how much Jackrabbit is interested in catering to our needs ..?

> i have created a ticket on jsr-333:
> http://java.net/jira/browse/JSR_333-38

related to this Chregu has written a patch to make it possible to get multiple nodes at once
via davex:

feedback, hints, commits would be appreciated :)

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org