jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christian Stocker <christian.stoc...@liip.ch>
Subject Re: lucene search separator
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:05:03 GMT
Hi

To make the question more concrete

We have nodes with multivalues, let's say

PropertyFoo with values: "Bar", "Baz And Quax"

Later we do a SQL search on that like

"select PropertyFoo from ... "

What we now get is

"Bar Baz And Quax"

Now we can't tell which are the actual values (we don't want to use
getNode() for performance reasons, since we use davex and we have to get
many nodes in one go)

The question: Is there a way to tell Lucene in Jackrabbit to store
multivalues differently, so that we can seperate them on the client code
again.

the cheap solution would be to add another field and encode them there,
something like

PropertyFoo_json: {"Bar","Baz And Quax"}

But if we could  automate that somehow, that would be of course even
better and less error-prone

chregu

On 20.06.11 20:59, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that Jackrabbit uses the same "_x0020_" string to encode spaces and as well
as separating multivalue field inside Lucene. For performance reasons we are using the data
returned from SQL2 queries but are running into trouble when we have multivalue fields with
spaces, since there is no way to tell if the "_x0020_" denotes a space or the beginning of
the next multivalue field.

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 81 // Mobile +41 76 561 88 60