jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: dav and davex
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:53:36 GMT
hi chad

> What are the differences between these two modules?  Are they mutually
> exclusive choices, or do they work together to provide a Jackrabbit
> remoting deployment?

the spi2dav was the first attempt to remote JCR calls over http.
as it turned out that reading and saving a set of transient
modifications was not performing we added the davex extension
which provides:

- batched reading (using json format response)
- improved writing of a set of transient modifications using
   a custom diff format that allows transport the changes in a
   single request (currently POST, should be PATCH).

regards
angela