jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Adding nodes with references within a single transaction via webdav
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:31:17 GMT
hi david

> @angela: how does jackrabbit-core make the node referenceable
> immediatly?

jackrabbit-core uses the node's ID, which is generated upon
creation as jcr:uuid as soon as the node is referenceable
either by nt inheritance or by adding the mixin.

> does it create a temporary uuid?

no.

> or is there a way to set
> the uuid through spi,

the Batch#addNode method has a uuid parameter. this is e.g. used
to transport Session#importXML

> so that we could generate the uuid in the client?

the problem with the uuid generated on the client is that the
client basically doesn't know what kind of uuid-format is
suitable for the server... that's why in jcr2spi a fake value
is generated for the jcr:uuid property.

> (when importing a system view dump, this seems to be possible...)

yes... there the jcr:uuid property can be passed in.
the JCR API however does not allow to specify the id of
a node that is being created.

regards
angela

> cheers,
> david
>

> Am 14.06.2011 10:34, schrieb Johannes Stark:
>> Hi Angela,
>>
>> we are using the Jackrabbit Standalone Server and access it via WebDav. So it's case
b_.
>> Well what we do is to rebuild the JCR API in PHP. We have a PHP session that simulates
the JCR session. All changes made are cached by the PHP session. On $session->save() all
changes are written to Jackrabbit via webdav. It's working great unless for references to
new nodes within a session due to the unavailability of uuids. So our thought for the proceeding
within PHP was the following:

>> - start a PHP session
>> - begin transaction
>> - do some work in the PHP cache like adding nodes and properties (unless properties
containing references)
>> - save session (write everything to Jackrabbit, uuids of new referencable nodes should
be available after that)
>> - create all references in the PHP cache
>> - save session again (write references to Jackrabbit)
>> - commit transaction
>>
>> We would like to do it this way because that would give us the ability to do a rollback
in case of an error during all the writing.

>> So I would be great if uuids of new referenceable nodes would be available immediately
after they were created via webdav within a transaction.