jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Access Control Config
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 07:54:42 GMT
hi chad

> I found the wiki page describing the access control mechanism (
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/AccessControl).  I understand, from this
> page, that resource based ACL's are the default mechanism.  This will suit
> my purposes fine, but I can't find any documentation of how to configure the
> lists?  Can someone point me to the appropriate location?

JCR 2.0 API defines some access control related interfaces, notably

- AccessControlManager: used to manipulate access control policies
- AccessControlPolicy and a derived interface AccessControlList
- AccessControlEntry
- Privilege

the specification can provide you with some basic information
about how to use the api.

in addition there are a couple of extensions in the jackrabbit-api
such as the ability to create ACEs that deny privileges.
furthermore jackrabbit-api also defines a PrincipalManager that
allows you to retrieve the principals you want to create ACEs for.
this part has been omitted from the jsr 283 specification.

hope that helps
angela